Kingdom law can and does change over time - if in doubt, always refer to the most current published version. These sections are from the Ansteorran Kingdom Law pdf on the Ansteorran kingdom website. Below are excerpted the sections of Kingdom Law dealing with peerage and specifically with the members of the Order of the Laurel.
- A. The Crown should consult with the appropriate counselors regarding matters of state. The counselors of the Crown are as follows:
Great Officers of State
Section 2: Peers
- A. The peerage of Ansteorra includes the Order of Chivalry, the Order of the Laurel, the Order of the Pelican, and the Order of Defense.
- B. The kingdom of Ansteorra recognizes foreign peerages as equal to its own.
- C. Any peer of the kingdom has the right and duty to petition the Crown on their own behalf or at the request of the people.
- D. The members of any or all orders of peerage may be called into counsel at the pleasure of the Crown.
Section 7: Laurel Wreaths
- Masters and Mistresses of the Laurel may wear any non-metallic wreath. Metallic laurel wreaths may be worn only if all of the following conditions are met:
- A. The top does not follow any specific form listed above for coronets (triple lobes, embattlements, semi-circles, engrailments, flat tops).
- B. The underlying band or framework cannot be a metal band of sufficient width to qualify as a coronet of any rank unless the wearer is also entitled to a coronet of the represented rank. The wreath itself may not convey the impression of being a coronet in its construction, appearance, or presentation.
- C. The wreath is open at least two inches in the front. This is a requirement even if the wearer is entitled to a coronet of rank, whether the wreath is worn alone or attached to a coronet.
For comments, additions, and corrections, please contact the Ansteorran Laurel Webminister at email@example.com
Webpage design by Christie Ward, ©2002-2004.
|This page was last updated on:|